Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Halloween Treat Holders

Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends!
Well it's back to reality for this old gal.  Arrived back in Tucson last night..........and even though I MISS my family (BIG TIME)...............
Who wouldn't miss this little peanut?  It's SOOOO nice to sleep in my own bed and be in my own home!
 
My post today is yet another blast from the past........This post is all about Halloween Treat Holders that I made for my Grandkids to share with their fellow classmates.
First up today are the Halloween Pencils I made......... 
All I did was wrap a piece of cardstock around a Halloween Pencil and then clip the ends to create a flag.  I also added some Halloween DSP right now the center to spooky up the flags. 
The last step was to stamp a Halloween spooky image onto Whisper White cardstock........and then punch that out and adhere it to a scallop circle.  I added a dimensional to the back of the scallop circle and attached the spooky image to the center of the flag I created for my pencil.  Next thing I knew ...... I had a couple dozen of these created!
 Next up I created a Twizzler Licorice holder.......
These holders were created with the Top Note BigZ die and the Owl Builder Punch.
All I did was die-cut out the Top Note die with Halloween DSP and then stamped the owl from a retired SU set and punched it out with the Owl Builder Punch.  I secured the Twizzler Licorice to the center of the Top Note diecut piece and then secured the top of the packaging closed with a small piece of coordinating ribbon.  SUPER EASY and SUPER FAST! 
One of my grandkids schools ....... does not allow food treats to be shared in the classrooms.  So for that grandkid to be included in the holiday treat sharing FUN.......I created these special Halloween bookmarks.
 All that is needed to make these bookmarks are a couple scallop punches and some cardstock!
I used a retired SU stamp set to create this fun "Happy Halloween" message.....and then one afternoon ..... I colored all the images in and adhered them to black and orange cardstock that I created for the actual bookmark.  DONE IN A FLASH!
And my last Halloween share was yet another Twizzlers treat holder. 
 These were created from the retired Two Tags Die from SU.
I used some retired DSP for the front panel and added the Owl Builder Punch (turned upside down) to create the ghost.  Talk about coming together QUICKLY........
 
So there you have it friends......Four super cute and super easy treat holders you can make pretty darn fast for your spooky little one for Halloween.
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share yet another Halloween treasure with you.......Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!


2 comments:

  1. you and jack look spectacular with the new baby. glad to have you home. the treat ideas were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww...what a petite patootie! Hmmmm....that sounds like something from Stampin' Up! =) He is just an adorable baby. I understand why it would be so hard for you to leave.

    Your Halloween idea's are just adorable too! You are so talented. I love them all. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete