Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sympathy Card - Challenge Day 3

Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends!
Today is Day 3 of the InkBig Week Long Card Challenge.  I have a pretty sympathy card that I will be sending out today to one of Jack's relatives that passed away a week ago. 
Sympathy cards are probably one of my favorite cards to make (I know REALLY..........can you tell I worked at Hospice for 13 years????).  I mainly like making sympathy cards because they almost always involve stamping some type of flower and the card always turned out clean and well defined.  This card is no exception...... 
My flower was stamped with the "Too Kind" stamp set and I just love the little accent pearl that I added to the center of each of my flowers.
I tucked a small piece of the Crisp Cantaloupe Stretched Ruffled Trim to the right edge of my flower piece and finished it off with a half piece of a Doilies that had the edges inked up with some Soft Suede ink.  
My sentiment is from the "Petite Pairs stamp set ......... and I used Soft Sued ink to stamp that onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I punched it out using the Large Oval Punch and then grabbed my Decorative Label Punch to punch out a Crisp Cantaloupe piece and added that to the lower right hand corner of my card.  
I'm sure that our relatives down in Indiana will treasure the sweet sentiment I have written on the inside of this card.......As I want them to know their loved one will be missed and that Jack and I are thinking of them from Arizona.
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share the card I made for Day 4 of the InkBig Week Long Card Challenge.  Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, no wonder you are so kind and sweet. It takes a Special person, like you, to work at Hospice. I took my Dad to Brian's House in Bay City MI and then my Mom to the Trish House in Auburn as they closed Brian's House due to a State requirement change. They are trying so hard to get it re-opened. Your card is gorgeous. The color combo is very pretty and I love how you did the doily. I haven't tried that yet. Very, very pretty. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waa! You have this Too Kind set! I want it. So many stamp sets, so little money! Beautiful and your color pallet is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and elegant. The touch of "grunge" adds depth, especially to the doily.

    ReplyDelete