Wednesday, February 13, 2013

January FU Card from Kris

Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends!
Today I have the card swap that my good friend Kris Holmes made for our January FU (Fabulously Unique) card swap.  Our theme was Boys to Men....and our color combination was Green and Gold.  Here is the card that Kris had us make......
We started out by using a technique that Kris taught us.....it's called Brayer Thumping.  We loaded up ink on our brayer and then started in the enter of our Glossy card stock and thumped our brayer around the cardstock in a counter-clockwise direction.  The edge of the brayer did all the work.....and when it was completed......It left a spiral image around our cardstock.
After we were done thumping our brayer we then inked up a retired "Rock Star" stamp set from SU and stamped the Guitar Rock Star image right into the center of our glossy cardstock.
Adding the rock star image helped to cover up any open sections on our card and actually made it look like waves of energy coming out of our center image.
It's kind of hard to tell from my pictures but Kris did have us use a dark green ink for the Rock Star and Brayer Thumping lines.
 
Simply love how this card turned out and I can see making more of these cards for some upcoming birthday cards for all those young boys on my birthday list.
 
Thanks for joining me today......I have some Valentine's treats to share with you tomorrow.  This will be my little way of celebrating Valentine's Day with you.....hope you can make plans to come back and join me for tomorrow special blog post.
Keep Living Your Dream!