Friday, January 18, 2013

January Stamp Camp Card One

Happy Friday My Blogger Friends!
Today I will begin sharing the cards we made at my January Stamp Camp.  Our theme for January was Valentine's Day and with all the new product that Stampin' UP! has released in the new Spring Catalog......It was not hard to come up with four of the BEST VALENTINE'S DAY card EVER!  Here's the first card we made.....

This first card was inspired by the super fabulous Erin Gonzales at Erin@handstampedstyle.com
She posted this style card on her blog and I FELL IN LOVE LOVE LOVE with it and even though it didn't have new catalog product....I just had to have my Camp Gals make this card at my January Stamp Camp.
We used the stamp set "Delightful Dozen" and stamped our "Be my Valentine" on Pool Party cardstock with Island Indigo ink.  I also had the ladies add a Real Red Bitty Heart to the stamped heart section and add Crystal Effects over the heart to gloss it up.
We used Whisper White cardstock and ran that through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder.  After we had our piece embossed, we came in with the small heart punch and punched out hearts ..... making sure we left enough spacing between the punched out hearts so we could come back and use the Postage Stamp Punch to then punch out a scallop square punch with a punched out heart in the middle.
Each kit contained a total of TEN 3/4" circle punches in a variety of colors and those circles were glued to the backside of each postage square punched image and that allowed the punched out heart to be filled in with color.
All the ladies needed to do was then arrange the colored postage stamp squares on their piece of Pool Party cardstock and adhere them down into place.  The finishing touch was to add the small knotted piece of Real Red Stitched Ribbon to the front of our card......and this card was done.
 
Many thanks to Erin Gonzales for creating this darling card.  It was hands-down a favorite of all my camp gals.
 
Thanks for joining me today......I'm off to put the finishing touches on my Stamp Club projects.  The ladies will be coming over tomorrow afternoon to kick off my next Stamp Club session.  I'll be back tomorrow to share the second card that we made at my January Stamp Camp....Hope you can make plans to join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. as a huge fan of little rows, i adore this sweet valentine!

    ReplyDelete