Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January SBS Challenge Card

Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends!
Today I would like to share my January SaddleBrooke Stampers Challenge Card with you.  Our challenge card was to make a card or project with supplies we had received in our challenge packet.  This month our challenge packet had two different colored cardstock (lilac and peach) and a piece of a sewing pattern paper.  We just needed to incorporate all the supplies into our project ..... and here is what I made:
I decided to make a Fold Over Birthday Card.
And secured it shut with a piece of Soft Suede Taffeta Ribbon.
I made a paper flower with the Sewing patterned paper I was given and added several layers of the Lilac and Peach cardstock to create the center ot my flower.  The very center of my flower is one of the largest SU Fauceted Buttons.
The Elegant Butterfly and First Edition DSP were added to the top portion of the front of my card.....
 And when you untied the ribbon......It opened up and exposed the center workings of this card.
This card was created to be a Happy Birthday Card.....Which meant I created it to hold a gift card.
Here is the Happy Birthday sentiment I stamped in the upper left hand corner of my card......
And right below that square I added some First Edition DSP into each of the scored off sections.
And I also added more First Edition DSP to the upper right hand section of my card......
And in the lower right hand corner is where I tucked my gift card.
And all you need to do to close up this card is bend the First Edition panel in and everything folds on top of each other and the entire card closes back up.  This is a fun card project to make and I plan to send this card to someone special this year for their birthday.
 
Thanks for joining me today....I'll be back tomorrow to begin sharing the cards we made at my January Stamp Camp with you........Hope you can make plans to join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

3 comments:

  1. Oh what an elegant card and will be a special special treat for someone on their birthday. Thanks for sharing, Kadie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop it! Love the color pallet and shabby-ness of it! Woo hoo! Now why don't I have a stash of dress patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card I love the colors and all the details, you can look and look and at this card, very beautiful. I would love to see a tutorial on how you created it and folded the card.

    ReplyDelete