Sunday, September 30, 2012

Opal's 3-D CrafterNooners Project

Happy Sunday My Blogger Friends!
Today I have a special post that was designed by my good Stampin Buddy Opal.  She is in my CrafterNooner's group (Berta, Opal, Jan and myself)......and while the other girls were gone this summer, Opal and I continued to meet and we each brought a fun project for each other to work on.  Friday we met and Opal created this SUPER DUPER FUN Holiday Tag Holder.......
We started out with a 8-1/2"x10-3/4" piece of Gumball Green Cardstock.  We scored our cardstock on the short side at 1-1/4" and 7-1/4".  On the 10-3/4" side we scored at 1/2", 3-1/2", 4", 7", 7-1/2" and at 10-1/2".
Opal had these 3-D Holly Stickers that we added to our sentiment frame and I added Crystal Effects to the top of mine to give them a super shiny glossy look.
Our sentiment was stamped from the TPC Studio Christmas Invites stamp set onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock.
Opal also showed me how to add a 1" circle punch to the backside of the Apothecary Accents Framelits die to create a PERFECT framed mat to one of the labels diecuts.
The belly band was a Gumball Green piece of cardstock that measured 2-1/2" x 7-15/16".  We scored on the long side at 1-1/4" and 4-7/8".  We then turned our project 180 degree (and on the opposite side of where we just scored)......we scored at 3-5/8" and 7-1/4".  All that was left to do was add some sticky tape and join our two ends together.
 
To decorate the six pockets on the inside of our tag holder we cut some retired Stampin' UP! DSP into 1-1/4"x3" pieces and glued one to each of the inside panels of our holder.
 Here is what the holder looks like with all 12-Gift Tags tucked inside the six pockets of our holder.
Each tag started with a 2-1/2" Scallop Circle that was either Cherry Cobbler or Gumball Green.  Our Christmas images were stamped onto a piece of 2" Very Vanilla circles and topped off with a matching piece of 1/2" Dotted Scallop Ribbon. 
Each of the stamped images were prettied up with either Crystal Effects or some colored Puffy Paint - and that added that little something something my tags were needing.


LOVE LOVE LOVE how this project turned out and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be making more of these for my Wisconsin Scrapbooking friends for when I go back to Wisconsin in November.
I stamped a "To" and "From" message on the back of each tag - and this little holder is now OFFICIALLY READY to be given away.
This project just couldn't have been any cutier.......and a special little note to Opal......THANK YOU OPAL FOR SHOWING ME HOW TO CREATE THIS CUTE TAG HOLDER........I LOVE IT!
 
I'll be back tomorrow to share some Halloween projects I've been making.....Hope you can come back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!
 


1 comment: