Wednesday, September 05, 2012

August FU Card Swap!

Happy Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends!
Yesterday was the first day of school for my Little People here in Wisconsin.  And with the beginning of another school year.....I prepared some fun back-to-school treats for their new teachers.  Check these out.......
I pulled out my Cricut machine and used my DoodleCharm cartridge to create the buses for each school bus I made.  I created a small box for the insert and filled the buses up with Hershey Nuggets that were stamped out onto Avery Labels using the It's a Wrap Occasions stamp set. 
Here's a close-up of one of the buses that my grandkids in DeForest gave to their School Principle.
 And each of the kids gave their school lunch room ladies and office staff ladies these adorable mini school buses that held a cello bag filled with a 6-pack of wrapped Hershey Nuggets.
The Nuggets were stamped with multiple colored inks and tucked into a little cello bag and a small school bus was die-cut out and attached to the top of the cello bag. 
And here is my youngest granddaughter (Doll Baby) with her new 3rd grade teacher.  I chatted with each of my grandkids and they said their teachers and staff LOVED LOVED LOVED their school buses.
 
For my card share today I made this fun card for my August FU (Fabulously Unique) Card Swap.
Our card exchange for August was to use yellow and blue and our technique challenge was to do some paper piecing.  I had bought this fun little 50's lady stamp set when my friend Kris and I were out shopping one day....and thought it would be the perfect stamp set for this challenge.
 I used some retired Stampin' UP! DSP to paper piece the vacuum and the ladies apron!
Kris gave me the perfect sentiment idea for the inside of my card........She said it would look so cute to stamp "HouseWork Sucks" on the inside of my card.  So you guess it.......that's exactly what I did. (THANKS KRIS for this fun idea!)
Here's the paper piecing I did for my card! 
 
LOVE LOVE LOVE how this card turned out......and I'm sorry my fellow FU ladies that my card was sooooo delayed in getting to you.  I had prepared the card packets before we left on vacation and then packed them in my travel bag and forgot all about them.  When we arrived in Wisconsin I opened my suitcase and saw the packets waiting to be assembled so I quickly assembled each of those cards and got them in the mail to my FU friends.  Now I'm busy working on my September FU card challenge and will be sharing that card with you later this week.
 
I'll be back tomorrow to share the card I sent to my CrafterNooner Gals for September - Hope you can join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!


2 comments:

  1. How cute are these little buses! My kids would love to give these to teachers and I am sure teachers will love them too. School treats are my favorite to make. Love your blog!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. that bus is just darling! loved seeing doll baby with the new teacher and the "housework" stamp images are so clever!

    ReplyDelete