Friday, July 06, 2012

More Birthday Cards

Happy Friday My Blogger Friends!
Is anyone else all MESSED UP with what day of the week it is?  The good news......Tomorrow kicks off another weekend - so all we need to do is get through today and then it's FULL STEAM AHEAD Play Time from there. 

Today ...... I have a few more birthday cards/gifts to share with you so ..... Let's jump right in.......
First up for today is the GORGEOUS card that my good Stamping Buddy Berta made for me.  It didn't photo very well - but still captured all the stamping and beautiful work that Berta put into making her card.
Berta created a border frame around the outside edges of her card (thank you Susan for teaching us how to do this technique) and then she dropped in a panel she created of GORGEOUS wild flowers.  Thank You Berta for creating such a beautiful card for me.
Next up is a card I received from my SaddleBrooke Stampers Group - and happen to have been made by my Ranch Buddy Betty.  This card turns out to be one of the brightest and funniest card I received for my birthday.  Many Thanks Betty for creating such a FUN and SASSY Birthday card for me.
This is the card my good friend Mary Barrios made for me.  HOW SIMPLY GORGEOUS is this card?  I didn't get a picture of the gate fold opening that Mary created for this card but the mediallion in the center of the card swung open to reveal a beautiful birthday message that Mary wrote to me.    Mary cut out several layers of a embossed mediallion stamp and popped them onto the center of her card to create a "OH SO BEAUTIFUL" centerpiece for her card. LOVE this card Mary - and thanks for remembering my birthday.
This beautiful card was made by my stamping friend Liz - what a lovely lovely card Liz created using the new "Mixed Bunch" stamp set.  She stamped and punched each of the flower images and then created a fun little vase for them to sit in and added a beautiful "Happy Birthday" message across the bottom portion of her card using one of the Stampin' UP! border punches.  GORGEOUS GORGEOUS CARD Liz.  And......Thank You for remembering my birthday - Seems like YOU ALWAYS DO!.
And my last share for today is a SUPER DUPER FUN GIFT that my friend Carol made for me.  Check this little cutie out.......
Carol started out by using the Daisy Die to create an "OH SO FUN" topper for my birthday surprise!  This has to be one of my favorite things about this gift.
Next to of course ....... The BEYOND YUMMY CANDY that Carol added to the inside of my gift!  It turns out the only place you can buy these BEYOND YUMMY Candies is from a little store in Tucson called Sprouts.  They sell them in bulk and YIKES - am I special or what ....... the price per pound of these little nuggets is OFF THE CHARTS! (Thank you (I think?) Carol for introducing me to these yummy little nuggets!)
Carol used a glass heart vase to add my yummy little nuggets in and added two Elegant Eggplant hearts to each of the sides of the heart and embellished each of the hearts with a retired SU Birthday stamp set.  LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink ribbon she added to the neck of the bottle and my pink heart birthday tag is SUPER SPECIAL.  Thank You Carol for creating me this DARLING and OH SO YUMMY Birthday Treat......Needless to say.......I LOVE IT!

I still have a few more birthday cards and gifts to share with you and I will be doing that over the next couple of days.  I'm off to go play in my studio today and then tomorrow I am heading up to Phoenix with my good friend Nancy to attend a wedding that is going to done on a boat.  I just know the weekend is going to fly by ...... so I'm going to try to enjoy today - while I can.   Hope to see you back here tomorrow - Keep Living Your Dream!


1 comment:

  1. OK . . . i need more "deets" on how the medallion looks like copper and silver? hugs, m

    ReplyDelete