Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June Stamp Club 3-D Project

Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends!
Today I will be sharing the 3-D Project that my Club Gals made last Saturday.  I had seen this idea on the Stampin' Connection website and thought it would be a fun project for my club gals to make.  The original bookmark I did not tag, so I can't give credit......but the demonstrator used the "Carry On" hostess set to create her bookmark.  Since SU has pulled that stamp set (pending some legal issues), I made our Club bookmark using other new stamp sets.  Here's what the gals created.........
We used the new Framelits Apothecary Accents die to create the base of our bookmark.  We die cut three pieces for our bookmark........The front and back were cut out using Very Vanilla cardstock and the middle piece was die cut from the cardboard backing sheet which our DSP is packaged in.  The cardboard backing sheet between our two pieces of Very Vanilla helped to create the stability we needed to make our bookmark not only "PRETTY" but "FUNCTIONAL" as well.

Here's the back view of our bookmark.  We used the Victoria Ribbon and some of the Baja Breeze Seam Binding to create the tail for our bookmark. 
We used the "Layered Labels" stamp set and stamped the entire bookmark with the matching stamp set that goes with the Apothecary Accents die.  We added a Large Pearl to the top and bottom points of our bookmark and also distressed the edges to soften and blend the entire look of our bookmark.
We used the "Perfect Polka Dots" folder to create a super fun texture to the backside of our bookmark.  The ladies were allowed the opportunity to use the new "Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack" on their Framelits piece (I did not have this new product when I made my Club samples - but received my first new catalog order in time for Club - so I put out this new paper-piercing pack and told the ladies if they wanted to use it on their club projects.......to go at it.)
The center image was from the Occasions Alphabets Stamp Set (we used the "Y") which we used the new "Midnight Muse" In Color to stamp our image.  We punched our stamped image out using the scallop oval punch and used several other oval punches/dies to create a fun layered look for our bookmark.

Thanks for joining me today......I'll be back tomorrow to share the projects that my Club gals made for our June Club Challenge.  Hope you can join me for that share.

Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment