Monday, June 04, 2012

FUN Baby Card!

Happy Happy Monday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown to Grandkids Arriving - 4 days to go!
Well ......the madness has begun - I have a ZILLION things to get done before my daughter and granddaughter arrive on Friday.  SO ...... this week will be some OLDIE - but - GOODIES from my Kards by Kadie file.  Let me begin with this fun baby card......
I purchased this ADORABLE baby stick figure stamp from Archiver's a ZILLION YEARS AGO and thougth it would make the most adorable "new mommy" card.  Of course the one that I made was in pink - but know that this layout would work perfectly with ANY COLOR......
When I saw this card I immediately thought of my oldest granddaughter ........ she honestly was sooooo tiny that her diaper ALWAYS looked TOO BIG for her little butt.  The nice thing about this stamp is it's SUPER EASY to color in ..... and honestly ...... could be free hand drawn if I got into a spot.
All I did for this layout was create a 3-1/2" circle and then grabbed my scallop border punch and created a scallop border along the entire edge of the card.  I honestly think the faux stitching that was added around the circle MAKES the circle POP right off the card.
And here is one in a retired SU blue and bashful blue ribbon. 
Love sending this card out to a new mommy ...... and is a sure way to make her stop and smile (especially when those long days of summer get even longer).
Thanks for joining me today.  I'm off to get some things checked off my "to do" list ....... Hoping this week slows down enough for me to enjoy SOME of it.  I'll be back tomorrow with a fun little Dress Card - Hope you can come back and join me for that share.
Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. that stamp is just adorable. very retro and fun! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards. I have enjoyed sensing your excitement with the count down to your grandkids coming. Looking forward to seeing all the cute projects you do with them.

    ReplyDelete