Thursday, June 07, 2012

Birthday Wishes!

Happy Happy Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown to Grandkids Arriving -  1 day to go!
I just about can't believe it ...... TOMORROW is the BIG DAY and I'm sure I will not sleep a WINK tonight.  I SERIOUSLY CAN'T WAIT.  I have LOTS to do today - so will make this a quick post and get back to my TO DO LIST and get my last minute things completed.
For todays card......I turned to my retired Stampin' UP! stash of DSP and stamp sets to create this fun little Happy Birthday card.  The DSP was from several years ago and was the "Jersey Shore" DSP pack.  LOVED LOVED LOVED this paper pack.  I even bought up several packs so I had plenty on hand for card projects like this one.
I also pulled out my retired SU brad collection and used a More Mustard brad for the left hand side of this project.  I used a piece of retired Brilliant Blue cardstock and the Word Window punch to create a little WOW element for the edge of my card. Nothing more than a piece of cardstock punched out with a brad at the end........The kind of WOW element that fits perfectly onto this card.
And on the opposite side I used More Mustard cardstock and the Word Window punch to create a second WOW element.  And even though I used a different color (both cardstock and brad) ...... somehow it comes together with all the other DSP that is being used on this card. 

Thanks for joining me today - I'm off to put the finishing touches on the guest room and need to get the grocery shopping done before this old gal crashes for the day.  I'll be back tomorrow to share a FUN LITTLE Ice Cream Cone card with you ...... Hope you can join me for that share.

Keep Living Your Dream! 

2 comments:

  1. Have a fabulous time with your Grandkids !! I know how much you have been looking forward to the day they come ~ and now it's tomorrow !!
    Enjoy !
    Cindy Henry

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy the grand kiddos. i know how much this means to you! darling card. hugs, m

    ReplyDelete