Wednesday, May 16, 2012

SaddleBrooke Stampers May Challenge Card

Happy Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown to Grandkids Arriving - 23 days to go!
It's Stamp Camp today and I have 24 Stamping Friends coming over today to PLAY.  We are doing an all flower theme for this month and our 3-D project will be an adorable box to store the four cards that we make.  I will be sharing those cards with you later in the week.  For today - I have my May SaddleBrooke Stampers Challenge Card project to share with you.  Here's what I made......
We were given an envelope and in that envelope we had a piece of Baja Breeze card stock, a piece of DSP and a pink eyelet and we were told to go and create.  This is the card that I created with the things that were in my envelope.
I used my Lots-of-Dots embossing folder and embossed the Baja Breeze cardstock - my DSP had a pattern on it that wasn't working for me ....... so I flipped the DSP over and the backside was a solid green piece of cardtock.  I scalloped both edges of this green piece and ran a piece of Baja Breeze Seam Binding around the center and secured that down onto my embossed card base.
I created a "for you" tag and used the pink eyelet that was included in my envelope on my tag.  I threaded some White Bakers Twine through my tag and used the bakers twine to hang the tag from the bow I created with the Baja Breeze Seam Binding.
I grabbed several different punches and punched out flowers in the new In-Colors and arranged them on a Whisper White panel which went across the center of my card.
I just love how this card turned out and will be making more of these cards in all different color combination.  This was SERIOUSLY a FUN CARD to create.
Thanks for joining me today - I'll be back tomorrow to share the Spirelli cards we made at last Saturday's Fun Shop ....... Hope you can come back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. Oooo I love this card. The small details like rounding the white cardstock etc. Thanks for sharing this, Kadie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what could be sweeter than that row of punched flowers . . . well, a cute little coordinating tag! everything is adorable perfection! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete