Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ranch Shoe Box Project

Happy Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown to Grandkids Arriving - 29 days to go!
I have to tell you something.........We are FAST APPROACHING the three week countdown till my grandkids arrive and I'm starting to prep for their arrival.  I've already made up some card packets for the kids to make some 4th of July cards for the troops - and they are going to help me make close to a hundred cards for the troops while they are visiting.  We are also going to do some ART PROJECTS that will require me to work like the devil from now until they get here to pull all the pieces for those projects together.  I will stay busy and that by itself will help me tick away the time until my kids get here.  

My share today are the cards that we made at the Ranch a couple weeks ago when we did our first ShoeBox Swap.  First up is one of the cards that Chris had us make.......
 LOVE the design of this card - It's one of those "go to" recipes that you can create lots of different card from this one recipe and each card will turn out a little differently each and every time.
I think the prettiest part to this card is the beautiful border piece that Chris punched out in a Bashful Blue cardstock and positioned it right down the center of her card.  She then backed that punched out border piece with a piece of Calypso Coral cardstock and that just made it JUMP....RIGHT OFF THE PAGE.  Love this card Chris!
This is the card that Jan had us make.  We embossed the lady with gold embossing powder nad the we used some H20 watercolors to color in a few parts of her dress.
Jan gave us a patterned punch and we were able to punch out a pattern on the upper left hand corner of our card panel.  Having a piece of gold cardstock behind the Chocolate Chip cardstock just made the punched image come totally to life.  GORGEOUS CARD Jan......simply gorgeous!
This was the second card that Chris brought to our card in a box event.  LOVE EVERY SINGLE THING about this card.  We used four different types of Close to My Heart DSP and arranged them into this fabulous pattern and created a color block type pattern to the front of our card.
LOVE this large "thanks" stamp that Chris had us use........It's the perfect fit for the focal point to this card.  WONDERFUL WONDERFUL Card Chris......Simply LOVE everything about your card.
And this is the card in the box that I brought to have the gals make.  It looks familiar because it's one that we created at Stamp Club a couple months ago.
I love this new Doily Die from Stampin' UP! and can't wait till the new catalog comes out ...... Only because I'm hoping they offer a couple more of these dies in the new catalog (fingers crossed).

I'm off to get my Mother's Day cards created and in the mail to my girls - and then I realized I still hadn't done my Mother's Day project for all my SaddleBrooke Mothers ....... So ..... I'm working like a crazy lady to get those done before Saturday morning.  I need to deliver my Mother's Day gift on Saturday morning (EARLY) so I only have today and tomorrow to get them finished.  THANK GOODNESS I didn't wait till Friday morning to get started on this project.

Hope you can swing back tomorrow as I'll be sharing the Stamp Club ladies April Challenge project with you.  I promise you ........ You won't want to miss out on the wonderful creations that my Club ladies brought back for this challenge.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment: