Sunday, May 20, 2012

May Stamp Club Challenge Projects

Happy Sunday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown to Grandkids Arriving - 19 days to go!
Yesterday was Stamp Club and let me tell you........I will REALLY MISS this group of ladies when Club is over next month.  Talk about a talented bunch of ladies......HOLY BUCKETS!  I started something new for this Stamp Club and that was to offer each of the ladies a packet of SU product and ask them to take that product and "CREATE".  What they bring back the next month has been UNBELIEVABLE.  Last month I gave each of them an envelope, a piece of First Edition DSP and a Summer Smooch Brad.  Here is what they brought back as their challenge projects for May......
First up is the project that Kris created.  I have to tell you that when Kris showed me this project I just couldn't believe what she created........TOO STINKIN CUTE FOR WORDS!  She took her envelope and create this DARLING MINI BAG.   She sealed up her envelope and then scored it at equal distances on three sides.......Then snipped off a small portion of the top and folded in the sides and bottom to create a mini bag.
Kris used the brad for the center of her adorable flower ..... and for the DSP  - well she used that for the FILLER of her bag.  She even added a sweet little tag to the bag handles.  ADORABLE CREATION KRIS -SIMPLY ADORABLE !
Next up is Berta's project.  She sealed her envelope and cut a small section off the top portion and used that for her card topper section.  The bottom section she ran through the crimper and that changed the size of her bottom portion so it became the note holder for her card.  The top section then was able to slip over the bottom crimped section and thus creating a way for her card to stay closed.
Berta added a notecard to the inside of her envelope ...... and used her brad at the top of her holder.  She used the DSP to cover the front of her envelope and a portion of the inside notecard too.  Such a pretty card and such a fun way to use the envelope ............ Thank You Berta for your fabulous creation.
Next is Lonnie's card.  She used the DSP to punch out LOTS of butterflies and her envelope was trimmed down and put on the front of her card as a pocket.
She made the most amazing pull tabbed bookmark that slide in and out of the envelope pocket on the front of her card.
Here's a close up of the tabbed bookmark portion of her card.  She used the Decorative Label Punch and secured her brad through the label and within the two layers of the punch she attached a magnet and that is what keeps the Decorative Label Punch closed.........SUCH A BRILLIANT IDEA LONNIE.  This will surely be CASE'd somewhere down the road.  Thank You Lonnie for this fun and new idea.
And our last (but not least) challenge was submitted by Jan.  She used her envelope as a double pocket on the front of her card........and she tucked two super vintage tags into each of the pockets.
She used the DSP to cover her envelope and the real WOW FACTOR came when she stitched her envelope to the front of her card.  Such a super pretty look and the stitching brought the entire vintage look of this card together.  Such a CHIC card Jan......It's a vintage that I can really dig (and you know me and vintage girlfriend - I'm seriously starting to like it.......).

SO....did I not say how fabulous these girls are......I seriously wasn't kidding you!  Each of these gals have a different spin on their work and that in itself is what makes this group of ladies OH SO SPECIAL!  Thank you ladies for meeting my Club Challenge Projects......and I can't wait to see what they create for June.  I will be back tomorrow to share with you the material I gave to the Club Ladies and also share with you what I created as a sample.  Hope you can come back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

PS.........I do have a correction to make on last Friday's post (May 11th) ...... I posted that I was going to have to hunt for Jan's challenge card - and it turned out that Debbie's card is the card I needed to locate. I have corrected the post and given Jan credit for the card I originally listed as Debbie's creation. SORRY JAN!

1 comment:

  1. as always amazing ideas and samples. i adore the punched butterflies in newsprint. hugs, mary

    ReplyDelete