Monday, May 21, 2012

June Stamp Club Challenge Project

Happy Monday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown to Grandkids Arriving - 18 days to go!
Today I have a fun little post to share with you.  It's a spin-off from yesterday's Stamp Club Challenge Project that my Club Gals made for May.  Today I want to share what they have to work with for June.  Here are the supplies I provided them with.......
I put together challenge packets using the new Floral District DSP that will be in the new 2012-2013 Stampin' UP! catalog.  I also included a piece of new In-Color cardstock and two small pieces of matching cardstock.
I also included a piece of Scallop Dotted Ribbon and depending on which packet they selected they had a piece of the new 1/4" Daffodil Delight Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon or 3/8" Gumball Green Satin Stitched Ribbon.
 So to kick-off the creating I shared with them what I made with my piece of Floral District DSP.  I created this super fun little box.......
The base is created using a 5-1/2"x8" piece of Raspberry Ripple cardstock (new In-color) and scored it on the long side at 1", 3-1/2", 4-1/2" and 7".  Then on the short side I scored it at 1" and 4-1/2".
All I needed to do is snip on all the score lines and the box came together in a SNAP!  I decided to use the idea that my good friend Mary Fish created for me when she made a purse using the new Petite PUrse Die and added tiny little notecards to the inside of my purse.
 I basically took 1-3/4"x4" pieces of cardstock and made six little notecards for the inside of my box.
Each of the little notecards have punched flowers decorating the front of each.......
And I added little messages to the inside of each of the notecards......with the help of the Fabulous Phrases stamp set.
 I used the new Bitty Banners Framelits Sizzlits die that will be available in June ..... and trust me when I say........You are seriously going to want to check these cuties out!
I decorated the top of the box with some 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon and a tiny piece of the Daffodil Delight Stitched Ribbon.  I wanted to add a FUN LITTLE message to the top of my box so I grabbed my Fabulous Phrases stamp set and stamped "Celebrate" on a piece of Whisper White cardstock ...... and then used another one of the Bitty Banners Framelits Dies to diecut out the word "Celebrate".  

Just love how this little project turned out ...... and I told the girls at Club on Saturday that I'm going to be making one of these for when my grandkids come out to visit.  Each of the notecards will have an "Art Project" that we can do together and each of them will be able to pick out a notecard and we will work on that Art Project for that particular day.  Will be a super fun way for us to create and play each day.  CAN'T WAIT FOR THEM TO GET HERE........

Thanks for joining me today - I'll be back tomorrow to share May Stamp Club projects with you - Hope you can come back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. Kadie,

    Your little box and cards are too stinkin' cute! LOVE them....thanks for the scoring instructions.

    Kathy in CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. gasp! this is adorable. i love the raspberry box and the flowers are like a little bouquet tucked inside! hugs, mary

    ReplyDelete