Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Countdown to Grandkids Arriving - 26 days to go!
Today, I want to wish all my fellow Mother's and Grandmothers a Happy Mother's Day.
Here's to Good Women......
May we Raise Them....
May we Know Them......
May we Be Them.......
Happy Mother's Day Ladies!
My share today is the super fun Mother's Day gift that I deliveried to my SaddleBrooke friends yesterday morning. (I gave them chocolate and knew it would be a melted mess if I deliveried it on Sunday - they probably wouldn't get it until Monday and the chocolate would be completely MELTED)
Here are the cutie little purses that I created for my SaddleBrooke friends for Mother's Day. 
I grabbed my Forever Young Cricut Cartridge and pulled up purse #48 and let the fun begin! 
I grabbed a bunch of cardstock that I had in my stash and cut out 23 of these cute purses and began the construction of putting purses and flowers together. 
 Here are the purses all cut out and redlined together.......
 And here are the flowers all layered and ready to be put on each of the purses......
The fun began when I started matching flowers and purses together and finding just that perfect color combination from what I had created earlier.
Because I need to hang whatever creation I make from the mailboxes of my friends - I needed to secure the purses in a cello bag and tie a long piece of coordinating ribbon to the bag ..... so I could hang the purses from the mailboxes.
Here's a close-up of what the purses look like all tucked inside a cello bag.  Don't they look good enough to eat?
And of course I had to find the perfect little saying for my gift - and because not all my friends are mothers of children (love my pet loving mothers and assigned SaddleBrooke Mothers), I wanted to cover all my bases and include all my friends into this fabulous "DAY OF GOOD WOMEN" event.  SO......I made up the perfect little saying for ALL!~
So there you have it......Mother's Day 2012.  I managed to get all 23 purses deliveried at the ButtCrack of dawn yesterday morning ........ and I even sent out an email to all my friends alerting them to go check their mailbox (it got up in the 90's yesterday and I didn't want their gifts to be a puddle of chocolate by the time they went out and checked their mail).

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all and to all ........
Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment