Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day Monday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown to Grandkids Arriving - 11 days to go!
Today I would like to share the cards I made at our SaddleBrooke Stampers Fun Shop.  On Saturday about 15 of the SaddleBrooke Stampers met and learned how to use KiwiLane Templates.  Jan taught the Fun Shop that showed us the KiwiLane Templates ...... and how these plastic templates make some pretty amazing cards.  Let me share the cards I made on Saturday........
 Here are the three cards we created.........
First up is my FAVORITE CARD from the day.  We were asked to bring a paper pack and I grabbed up three that I had in my stash and this paper just jumped at me for a birthday card.  YIKES IT SCREAMS ...... LET'S CELEBRATE!
Jan had us use one of the templates to create a bracket border at the bottom of our card and then we used an extra strip of our DSP for the inside edge of our card.
The KiwiLane templates have lots of border edges and a ton of shapes and designed edges that you can use to take ordinary DSP and combine several different coordinating patterns to create some pretty amazing cards.
This card Jan provided all the material for ....... She ran all the cardstock through five different embossing folders and came up with this fun embossed card.
By embossing all the cardstock you not only come up with some pretty amazing design for your cards - but you also bring several layers of texture to your card without adding extra weight.  SO FUN!
The only thing I would done differently was add a lighter destress ink to the edges of my cardstock.  I grabbed a walnut stain distress ink and wish I had a lighter (maybe Vintage Photo) color.  But still ...... LOVE LOVE LOVE how this card turned out!
And the last card we made also required use to grab our paper stack pads and use up four coordinating patterns.  We used two shapes for this card and one edge template to complete what is basically a ten minute card......
The sunshine in the middle of the card is actually one of the templates used to create a big flower - but by tucking it into the bottom layer of DSP .... it actually looks like the sun rising in the sky.  The most difficult part of this card was adding the butterfly to the card.......
Jan had a box of buttons on the counter and you could go over and select three buttons for your butterfly - well.....that was a processing trying to figure out which buttons to use. 
One of the best things about this Fun Shop was KiwiLane had donated an extra packet of templates to Jan for a prize during our Fun Shop ....... Jan put all the names of those attending in an envelope and drew one name when the class started.  She said that the name she drew - would win a set of all the templates that KiwiLane sent her - and guess what -YOU GUESSED IT ........ I WON!  How FUN was that.  I was actually going to send them to my daughter who makes cards for her kids school ..... and then I realized when I got home that they were all actually templates of KiwiLane product that I didn't have - so YIPPPPIEEE FOR ME!  Totally made my day! - Thanks KiwiLane for the generous donation and for making such an amazing product line.

So ........ I'm off to go spend the day playing in my studio - have lots to do before the kids get here.  I'm creating a super fun project for our SaddleBrooke Stampers meeting this month....and I want to put the finishing touches on that today.  I'll be back tomorrow to share some Kards by Kadie that I've been creating......Hope you can swing back and join me for that share.

Keep Living Your Dream!



1 comment: