Thursday, May 03, 2012

April FU Card Swap

Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown to Grandkids Arriving = 36 days to go!
Today I will be sharing the cards/project my fellow FU gals made for April.  I SWEAR......these three ladies are the most creative and talented bunch of ladies I have had the pleasure to be connected with.  THANK YOU Kris....Debbie and Ann for all the fun I have with you.
First up is the amazing project that Kris made for us.  She not only created this super fun nail file holder ....... but she also provided us with a template - so we can re-make these again later.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE to receive templates for projects I make and this way - I don't have to second guess how to recreate this project.  I now have it tucked in my template folder and I can make this fun little holder again and again.
I have seen this project many times and have never had a template to make this charming nail file holder - and honestly ...... this is just the perfect little gift to make for my granddaughters (and daughters for that matter).
Next up is Ann's FUN little project. She had us create this SUPER FUN purse notepad holder that is soooo stinking cute I know I'm going to be making these for my granddaughters gift bags.
We added several sheets of copy paper to the inside of our holder and when those sheets are all used up ....... Just untie the top closure and add more paper and retie up.  This holder fits perfectly inside your purse and not only helps you have some paper available when you need it ..... but it looks pretty i your purse too.  THANK YOU ANN for creating this fun little project.
This is the card I had the ladies create.  I didn't want my card to be a Red/White and Blue card - so I picked warmer colors and created a fun little yellow and chocolate chip star card. 
What I wanted the ladies to do was use some Bakers Twine to create a fun little stitching pattern to the side edges of their card - and by threading Baker's Twine to two section of the decorative edge - you create a totally fun and creative element to the edges of your card.  I'm going to have my grandkids create this card for the VA Hospital while they are here in June (for our 4th of July card delivery) and they will be making the card in Red - White and Blue for the 4th of July.
Next is a fun little SURPRISE PROJECT that Ann had us make........This is totally a REPEAT FOR MY GRANDKIDS PROJECTS if EVER there was a project for them to make.  We created a fun little necklasce from two washes and a black necklace from Hobby Lobby.
All we did was us Alcohol Inks and dab the washers with three different colors of ink - and then we added Crystal Effects to the top of the two washer and that allowed the two to be connected ...... and when they dried ..... all that was left to do was add the necklace.  I told Ann that this would be a PERFECT PROJECT for my grandkids to make while they are here visiting in June.  Know they are going to have a blast making these for their Mom's.  THANK YOU ANN for giving me this WONDEFUL IDEA for my grandkids.
And my last card share for today is from Debbie - And she wanted to make sure we knew this card creation came from Jan and all Debbie did was change it up a bit.  LOVE HOW THIS CARD TURNED OUT.  She had us make two of them and give one back to the Troops (I ended up giving Debbie both of mine and took a picture of one so I could post it).
The real surprise come when you open your card up and Debbie had us create this fun red awareness ribbon on the inside.  TOTALLY COOL!
I love that the person receiving this card can detatch the ribbon and wear the ribbon if they want.  Many Thank Debbie for allowing us to make these cards for the cards we donate to the VA Hospital for the 4th of July.

I'll be back tomorrow to share more Kards by Kadie creations.....Hope you can join me!
Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment