Monday, May 14, 2012

99cent Find

Happy Happy Monday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown to Grandkids Arriving - 25 days to go!
Today's share is all about girlfriends and the adventure of the "BIG FIND" and having a plan for that "BIG FIND".  Let me explain ........ My FU GalPals went shopping this past weekend and we shopped from store to store looking for that special and amazing treasure that might turn into a SUPER FUN CHALLENGE for our FU GROUP.   WELL - WE FOUND THAT TREASURE and here's what we found......
We snagged these fun clear stamps for 99cents each!
Now ...... don't get me wrong - these tamps are no way as amazing as my Stampin' UP! stamps  -  but for 99cents ........ It's a good deal.  We bought both the boy and girl set and decided are challenge was going to be to go home and create a card from either of these sets.  Here's what my amazing FU gals created......,.
First up is Debbie's card.  OH......MY......GOSH......her card turned out AMAZING.  Too Stinkin Cute for words my friends.  She took the lion from the "boys" set and created this darling lion card.
All she did was snipped a piece of jude and wrapped it around the stamped lion image and then by rubbing the jude between her fingers it released all the fibers and created this lions mane around her stamped image.  She also added a spring bouncing piece to the back of her lion and that gave her lion lots of movememt and wiggle.  DARLING Card Debbie - Simply Darling!
Next up is the card Kris created.  She used the sheep from the girls set and paper pieced her little sheep together.
The real fun came when Kris added some wiggly eyes to her sheep and popped her little sheep up with dimensionals and stamped a perfect message below her sheep.  Not sure where Kris came up with the "Happy Baa....thday" stamp - but it is perfect for this card.  GREAT JOB Kris.....Great Job!
Next up is Ann's card - Ann used the girl stamp set and created this fun parrot card.  I fell in love with the five DSP flag headers for the top of her card and told Ann that I would be CASEing this idea for an upcoming Stamp Camp creation.
And if Ann's creation doesn't show her artistic talent.......maybe you will see Ann's talent when I tell you that the message that is on Ann's card is Ann's own handwriting........SERIOUSLY....Ann didn't use a stamp for this part of her card.........She hand wrote "Some Birdi Love You" to the front of her card.  Nice Nice Card Ann!
And my final share for today is my card.  I used the flower image from the "girls" stamp set.  I knew I wanted to do this recipe for my card creation and figured the flower was one of those images which would lend itself nicely to this layout.
I paper pieced the actual flower and and for the center of my flower I used a dimensional and popped that circle up and added Crystal Effects to the center of my red circle for a little extra something something for my card.  LOVE how this card turned out.
SO ....... THERE YOU HAVE IT ....... OUR DOLLAR STORE FIND!
Love what the ladies created and have to say that I love being connected to this amazing and clever group of ladies.  
I'll be back tomorrow to share my SaddleBrooke Stampers Theme Card Project that I made last week.  Hope you can join me tomorrow for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word . . . these animals are so precious. and that mane! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete