Friday, March 16, 2012

SaddleBrooke Stampers March Theme Card

Happy Happy Friday My Blogger Friends!  Today I will be sharing my SaddleBrooke Stampers Theme Card that I made for our March SaddleBrooke Stampers meeting.  Let's get sharing ..........
Our SaddleBrooke Stampers Theme for March was Jig Saw Puzzle ......... with the option of Comical.  I have to say that this one really made me think and after some consideration and coaching from my good stamping buddy Ann LaPerre, I decided to create my own puzzle piece and turn my card into an Anniversary card for Jack. 
The two puzzle pieces I created were hand-crafted with Old Olive and Melon Mambo cardstock.  I mounted both the pieces onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock and created a spiral edge border with Chocolate Chip cardstock.
The two puzzle pieces were inked around the edges and then popped up with the help of some Stampin' UP! dimensionals.
The additional puzzle piece I created was for the message on the front of my card.  I actually thought of the game Scrabble when I was designing this card and found that if I used "Jack" name and then ran my name off the "K" in his name and the word AND from the "A" in Jack's name ....... I was going to create a fun and bright title for my card.  I used a Close To My Heart alphabet stamp and punched out each of the letters with a 1/2" circle punch.
I picked a color combination of Old Olive.......Pacific Point.......and Melon Mambo and just mixed the color combination up until I had the "Jack" "and" "Kadie" message all punched out.
And then for the inside I wanted to add the Optional Comical portion of this challenge .......... so I simply inked up several addtional letters until I was able to spell out "We're a Perfect Fit".
I honestly love love love how this card turned out - and I will stash this card away and give it to my Jack for our Anniversary. 

Thanks for joining me today ..... I'll be back tomorrow to share my St Patty's Day treats that I will be delivering to my SaddleBrooke friends in the morning ........ Hope you can come back and join me for that share.
Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. so appropriate (and clever) since you and Jack are the perfect "fit!" hugs, m

    ReplyDelete