Saturday, March 03, 2012

Crafternooner Swap Card Day 2

Happy Saturday My Blogger Friends!  Today I'm heading up to Mesa with three of my girlfriends - We are attending the Mesa Rubber Stamp Expo and plan to spend the entire day up there and do some SERIOUS shopping and SERIOUS playing!  My share today will be the last two cards from my February Crafternooner Swap.  Let's get sharing .....
First up is my swap card.  I used some retired Stampin' UP! DSP along with the new Framelits Heart Dies.  Our color challenge was Peach and Cream along with making a card that had a vintage look to it.  Have to say ...... I managed to nail both the color and the design challenge on this one.
The Framelits hearts dies worked perfectly to stack on top of each other ...... I added some peach and vanilla buttons and I misted the seam binding ribbon with some water and then rolled the seam binding up in a ball and after wrinkling it up I merely left it to dry.  This gave my seam binding a very old distressed look and I was then able to tie it up in a bow and call this card done!
I added some lace border to the bottom portion of my card and added a "Just Because" banner sentiment and called this card DONE!  I honestly love how this card turned out and after making this card I decided that I like the vintage card look and want to make more of this type of card.
Jan's card is the only card that met the original challenge - which was design a heart shaped card and the color combination was red and pink.  Needless to say.......all three other Crafternooner members whinned around until we changed the challenge - but since Jan was going to be in Hawaii for three weeks and wouldn't have time to prepare her swap card when she returned.....she prepared her swap card before we changed it - and she told us that she wasn't going to meet the new challenge.  So...her card is the card created under the original challenge.
Jan did make a heart shaped card and when we opened her card we decorated the inside of her card with a couple layers of heart diecuts and stamped a beautiful sentiment.
Simply love love love how this stamped image appears on semi-glossy cardstock - So Rich and So Defined!  Many Thanks Jan for creating this amazing Heart shaped card and for showing us what the original design card challenge was suppose to look like.

Thanks for joining me today - I'm off to go have some fun up in Mesa - I'll be back tomorrow to share more Kards by Kadie creations with you......Hop you can come back and join me. 
Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. love the stitching and wavy sentiment. the heart card is so clever! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete