Friday, February 03, 2012

Valentine's Day Swap - Ranch Style

Happy Friday My Blogger Friends and Welcome to the WEEKEND!
Hope you have some fabulously fun things planned for this weekend.  I intend to spend most of the weekend in my studio doing the prep work for my February Stamp Camp and if time permits - I'll get my February Stamp Club projects pulled too.

Today, I will be sharing the Valentine's Day cards I received from my PaperCrafting Pals who join me every Monday up at the Ranch.  We signed up to participate in a Valentine's Day card swap and here are two of the cards that I received from my good friends Chris and Jan ........
First up is the card that Chris Nunamaker made for our swap.  OH SO PRETTY!  I had to ask Chris if she used a punch or her Cricut when it came to getting the heart cut out on her card and it turned out that she bought the image cut out and she cut and embellished them for this fabulous card layout.
She ran the cardstock which had the heart diecut out through her CuddleBug and with the help of the Swiss Dots embossing folder she was able to create this fabulous embossed image for the front of her card.  And then she grabbed up a glittery heart embellishment and adhered it to the center of her heart ....... SERIOUS WOW FACTOR!
Chris also used a border punch to create this fun and flittery chain of flowers for a bottom panel of her card - and to me this seriously created a perfect Valentine's Day card.  LOVELY LOVELY card Chris!
And my next card share is from Jan - who got all her inspiration from her Cricut.  I don't recall which cartridge she used to create her card - but LOVE LOVE LOVE all the fun energy that she created when picking out her DSP for this card.
Even though you can't tell ...... the "forever" was cut out on Jan's DSP panel and then she recut the "forever" words in Chocolate Chip and glued her cut out image on the DSP panel.  It almost looks like she just glued the Chocolate Chip "forever" right over her DSP - but that extra step which Jan took did create a real WOW FACTOR on her card.
Jan also embossed the "in my heart" and even added two white pearl hearts and a fabulous pink heart stick pin to her card.  Such a beautiful card Jan!

I'll be back tomorrow to share the other three cards I received for this Ranch Valentine's Day Swap ..... I'm hoping that you can join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

3 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend Kadie, I really wish I was there.
    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. what beautiful cards! I loved the simplicity of the first and the second had the perfect balance of elements! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kadie,
    What an honor to be on your blog.
    Hugs
    Chris

    ReplyDelete