Saturday, February 04, 2012

Ranch Valentine's Swap Part Two

Happy Happy Saturday My Blogger Friends and MANY THANKS for joining me today.  I have the second part of the cards I received from the gals who participated in our Ranch Valentine's Day card swap - Let me share those with you right now ........
First up is from my good friend Berta ...... How fun is this card?  LOVE how Berta has cut out all the single panels from her DSP collection and turned her card into a three panel Valentine's Day card.  The look of Berta's card has a very Vintage and "Days Gone By" feel to it ....... and also reminds me of something I might have given out when I was a child to my classmates at Valentine's Day.
And I love all the extra work that Bert put into sponging all the edges of her row of hearts - Now I KNOW that must have taken some time to do!  And I'm hoping that the little DROP OF RED in the center of each of the hearts is from the help of our new SU Dazzling Delights.
And if Berta hadn't already put so much work into her cards ...... she then took the time to diecut out the brackets and "U" for each of our cards.  WOW BERTA - NICELY DONE!
Next up ....... I must confuse ....... is MY FAVORITE card that I received.  I think it's my favorite because I know that my dear friend Betty is SO NEW to not only the cardmaking world ..... but also to the Cricut.  HOLY BUCKETS BETTY ...... Your card is UNBELIEVEABLE!
I have no idea what cartridge Betty used to create her elements of her card - but seriously they are SO BEAUTIFUL and SO ME!  I love how she has added the green panel behind the cut out words of her heart which popped the "Love You" right out of the heart.
And without a doubt ....... this decorative panel is so lovely with the pink ribbon woven right into the panel.  Betty's card really made me stop and question how new this friend is to the cardmaking world ..... and what a gift Betty has with all her papercrafting creation talents. 
SERIOUSLY LOVE YOUR CARD BETTY!
And last (but NOT LEAST) is my good friend Cheri's card.  I have to tell you ...... I was blown away when I received Cheri's card - first because I love receiving cards that are black (they make for such a BOLD statement type of card) ........ But also because I love receiving cards that incorporate ribbon and decorative elements into a single card. 
Cheri's card linked both decorative elements and ribbon into her card.  Here she has diecut out hearts (I'm sure with the help of her Cricut....) and she only embossed one of the hearts (nicely done Cheri by doing just one of the hearts ...... such a bold and elegant feel).
And Cheri also attached this fun piece of ribbon to her card with two simple staples.  The rest of the stripes are paper but required me to run my finger over the top of them to verify that they weren't ribbon ...... Nice Nice Touch Cheri!

I realized that I spend my Monday afternoon's surrounded by some very amazing and truly talented ladies from the Ranch.  Thank You Ladies for including me in your PaperCrafting and Scrapbooking Days at the Ranch.

I'll be back tomorrow to share the Valentine's Treats I made for my Grandkids classmates .......... Hope you can come back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing. such pretty paper and textures. i think we both had valentines on the brain today. hugs, m

    ReplyDelete