Thursday, February 02, 2012

January Scrapbook Page

Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends and MANY THANKS for joining me today.
Today I have plans for the ENTIRE DAY to PLAY! 
Will be preparing for my February Stamp Camp today and tonight I'm taking a class at Real Deals with my good friends Debbie and Ann. I want to share with you my January Scrapbook Page for my recipe exchange - It's a Salad recipe ...... So let's get sharing ........
I have to tell you that this page might not look like it was too difficult (it wasn't.....) ........ or detailed (NOT.....) ......... but time consuming (YES).  Not only did I have to make TEN of this page for my exchange ........
But somewhere along the line I decided to add these three ears of corn into my layout.  Now building the layers that went into framing out each of these ears of corn square required a bit of time ..... but I hadn't factored in how long it was going to take to color each of the ears of corn.  I decided to dust off my Copic Markers to color in my ears of corn ........and HOLY BUCKETS FRIENDS - I realized shortly after coloring in the first one that using Copic Markers not only gives you the WOW FACTOR that your looking for - but they equally require plenty of time to get that WOW FACTOR LOOK too. (but well worth the time!)
And if coloring in three at the bottom of my layout wasn't enough ...... I decided to add one more in the center of my sunburst at the top of the page.
Have to tell you that this recipe is simply yummy ...... and honestly comes together in a SNAP and is perfect for all those parties you are asked to bring a dish to pass.
I also used my Kiwi Lane scrapbook templates to make the rolling hills of my page - and SERIOUSLY think this page came together so nicely that all the work coloring in the ears of corn was "a can of corn" (or walk in the park for those who don't know that I use that expression often).

Thanks for joining me today - I'll be back tomorrow to share some of the Valentine's Day cards I received in my Ranch Valentine's Day Card Swap last week.  Hope you can join me for that share.
Keep Living Your Dream!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Am missing the Ranch "Paper" Mondays! Hopefully will get back to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I hire you to be my scrapbooking personal trainer? This is so charming (although a little "corny"). Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it possible to see what the other recipe pages look like?

    ReplyDelete