Friday, February 10, 2012

FU January Projects

Happy Happy Friday My Blogger Friends.  Are you ready to KICK BACK and enjoy the upcoming weekend?  I have some SUPER DUPER FUN PLANS for this weekend.  Starting tomorrow ...... I'm heading up to Phoenix with a whole bunch of fellow SU demo's to attend the SU Regional - CAN'T WAIT!  And then Sunday ...... I'm heading to the East Side of Tucson to take a class with some Stamping Friends that Susan is offering.  SHOULD BE A BLAST!
Today I want to share the cards and projects that my FU (Fabulously Unique) group made in January - Let's JUMP right in .........
First up is a fun little package card that my good friend Ann had us create.  HOW FUN IS THIS CARD!  Talk about super duper easy and quick.  Know I will be CASEing this card for many of my 2012 birthday cards.
What I didn't take a picture of was the flap that opens up to reveal where you slip a gift card in for your birthday girl.  The top portion of this package lifts up and we cut a slit in our card right above the top of the bottom portion of our package and that is where you can slide your gift card.  SUPER DUPER FUN!
Ann also had us make this awesome vintage Valentine's Day card - that I just fell in love with at the very moment I saw the DSP we were using.
This DSP reminds me of when I was a little girl and the type of Valentine's Day card that I gave out.  We added a tiny pleated piece of tissue paper to help us create a package look for the front of our card.  OH SO SWEET and OH SO FUN!  Many THANKS Ann for sharing this second card with us - You really hit this one out of the park for me.
Next up is the card that Kris had us make.  OH MY GOSH.......SERIOUSLY LOVE LOVE LOVE everything little thing about this card.  The front of the card used the new Stampin' UP! Glimmer Paper for our scallop heart - but the real WOW FACTOR on this card came from the two punched out photo corners that we used to create the tip and feather of our arrow........Can you stand it ...... that was created from the retired SU Photo Corner Punch.  AMAZING IDEA KRIS!
And if that wasn't enough ..... We created an amazing POP-UP element on the inside of our card.  OH MY GOSH ....... How Cute Is This Card?
Kris bought this die at Blue Moon Scrapbooking on one of our last visit to Scott's store. The die cut help create the base element to have our little girl and the glimmer heart "Pop Up" right out of our card when we open our card. TOTALLY FUN and the coolest little addition to this already fabulous card. THANK YOU KRIS for sharing this fun card with us and for giving us a template of this die to take home and help recreate another version of this "OH SO CUTE" card.
And my last share today was the project that my amazingly talented friend Debbie had us make.  We created this "OH SO PRETTY" little box - that all by itself would have been an amazing little project (and the perfect color for my studio) ....... but check out what we tucked inside our little creation ......
Debbie had us make two fun little 3"x3" note cards that had all kinds of fun dimension added to each of the note cards.  She created lots of texture to the front of our cards by providing us with some AWESOME PINK textured cardstock.  And then we layered two Stampin' UP! flower punches to create a pretty flower for the center of our notecards.
The notecards looked sooooo stinkin cute tucked inside the little box that we created ...... and are just screaming for a home in the upper cabinet of my studio.  THANK YOU Debbie for this DARLING little project that you had us create - I LOVE IT!
So glad that you were able to join me today ...... I'll be back tomorrow to share a fun little card that my good friend Debbie made for me - Hope you can come back and join me for that share. 
Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kadie....

    I love your blog...I look at it every night. Can you give us the dimensions on the present card? It will be perfect for birthdays and eve for Christmas next year....

    Thanks for sharing your brilliance and talent.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful projects . . . the pop up girl with the balloon is so unique. hugs, m

    ReplyDelete