Friday, September 23, 2011

September Stamp Camp Part Two

Hi My Blogger Friends and HAPPY FRIDAY - it's a start to another fabulous weekend - Hope you have some super yummy plans scheduled.....I SURE DO!  I have some serious shopping planned with two girlfriends....and a road trip up to Mesa to attend another 10/10/20 class with Di Gibbs.  But for today.......I will be sharing another two cards from my September Stamp Camp (that was this past Wednesday).........Let's get this post started............
To refresh quickly.......Here are the 6-cards/projects that we made on Wednesday at my September Stamp Camp.  For today.......we will be spotlighting the "Thanks a Million" card...and the "You are Simply Wonderful" cherry card.
First up is a card I got my inpiration from Mary Dawdson at www.stampingordinary.com.  I used Mary's recipe for my card and put my own spin to this card.  I used the Subtles DSP Collection and the cardstock/ink colors I selected were Riding Hood Red and Perfect Plum.
My stamp sets were Circle Cirus and Word Play and I grabbed up four different circle punches (1/2", 3/4", 5/8" and 1") to create lots of WOW FUN to this card.
My next card is a sweet little 3"x3" card that Angie Judda at ChicNScratch spotlighted on her blog last month (http://www.chicnscratch.typepad.com).  The idea Angie shared with her viewers was to use a Stampin' UP! Clear-Mount Block to create a background square.  I used Clear Block C (2"x2-1/4") for my focal background square.  This technique works perfectly with ANY SIZE block - your possibilities are seriously endless with this technique!
I grabbed two stamps sets for the front of my card.........Friendly Phrases on Page 16, which gave me that sassy little message "you are simply wonderful".....and my cherriers were stamped using the Fruit and Flowers stamp set on Page 99.  After stamping my cherriers I added some Crystal Effects (page 206) over the cherries and let that lacquer dry before adding a piece of 1/8" Real Red Taffeta Ribbon to the top of my card.  Love how this card turned out and can see using this technique again.

Thanks for stopping in today - I'm off to join Jan and Opal for our Crafternooners monthly gathering - we each will bring a shoebox card to make and share some fun techniques and ideas with each other.  We will also have an opportunity to get caught up....and that is always seriously FUN with these two gals.  I'll be back tomorrow to share the last two September Stamp Camp cards with you...Hope you can join me.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. You manage to pick the CAS classics. I may have to try the block stamping. Gorgeous results. Hugs, m

    ReplyDelete