Saturday, September 24, 2011

September Stamp Camp Part Three

It's Saturday my Blogger Friends and hope you have some amazing things scheduled for this weekend.  I plan to get together with two of my stamping girlfriends to do some serious shopping and have some SERIOUS GIRL TIME with these two friends...... 
Today I will be sharing the last two cards/projects that my Camp Girls made on Wednesday for our September Stamp Camp........Here we go friends.......
First up is a fun little card that my fellow Stampin' UP! demonstrator Dawn Oshelfkey from DoStampingWithDawn (http://dostamping.typepad.com) created.  I hae to tell you.......this card is one of those recipes that will hold a spot in my "GO TO" cards file.  You know those recipes that you turn to again and again when you either need a quick card or have lost your Card-Making-Mojo.  The recipe is CLEAN and SIMPLE and can be used for any occasion and purpose.  All you need to do is change up the color combination along with the sentiment and you have a totally new card in a short amount of time.
We used Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red and Night of Navy cardstock for our card.  The Riding Hood Red was run through the Big Shot using the Perfect Poka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (Page 219).  We added a small piece of Crumb Cake 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon to our Riding Hood Red piece before securing it down to our Crumb Cake.  We also used the Lace Ribbon Border punch on a small piece of Night of Navy cardstock and that gave us the lace ribbon border piece that was added to our Riding Hood Red piece. 

The stamp set we used was Tagtastic (page 13) and we stamped that in Night of Navy and punched it out with the Decorative Label Punch (Page 209).  We added dimensional to the back of the Decorative Label punch and that added just that little lift we needed to complete this card.
And here is our last project for September........A fun little flag topper created from the new Petite Pennants Builder Punch (page 213).  We punched out the scallop pennant in Elegangt Eggplant and then grabbed our Pocketful of Posies DSP and punched out the insert flag for our pencil topper.
We wrapped a small piece of 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon around our pencil and secured our pennants down with dimensionals and called this one ALMOST DONE.  We added a Small Heart (page 210) punched out in red to both sides of our flag - and called this one DONE! 

The ladies in my Stamp Camp who have little grandkids fell in love with this project and could see using this idea as a spring-board for all kinds of holiday projects for their grandkids.  LOVE IT!

Thanks for joining me today - I'll be back tomorrow to share my Crafternooner card exchange for September with you......I promise you....the gals did an amazing job with their card exchange this month.  Hope you can join me.......Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kadie, your weekend sounds wonderful. I'll be at bounce magic with 30 screaming children under the age of 7... Save me please :)
    Have a good one.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete