Friday, September 30, 2011

September FU Card Exchange

Hi My Blogger Friends and HAPPY FRIDAY to you!
Today I will be sharing my FU (Fabulously Unique) card exchange for September with you.
First up is the card I received from my good stamping friend Ann LaPerre.  Our color challenge was to use fall colors and our optional challenge was to incorporate diecuts or punches onto our card.  Ann nailed both of these challenges onto her September card.
Here's a close-up of her diecut leaves......How beautiful are these little babies?  LOVE LOVE LOVE how Anne used her distress ink to bring the veins to life.....EXCELLENT JOB Anne!
And true to Anne's form......she decorated the inside of her card.  Thanks Anne for this amazing creation!
The next card up is from my good friend AND stamping buddy Debbie Hill.  When I was at Debbie's house the other night and she put her exchange card into my hand - I FLIPPED out over this one.
I first of all LOVE LOVE LOVE the felt leaves she used (I actually told her that I MUST buy some of these when we head up to Mesa this fall)......but what really made me gasp was the amazing paper she used on her card........And it's not even paper!
Debbie actually used thin cordboard on the top and bottom panel of her card.  She tore it to give it just one more level of dimension and the rippled brown paper she used in the center of her card just put this little creation over the top (in my book).  WELL WELL DONE Debbie - You seriously have this business of cardmaking down to a science.
And my last card for our FU Card Exchange is my card (THANK YOU Kris for the reminder)!  I took my colors from the Stampin' UP! "Just Add Cake" DSP pack. We actually weren't suppose to use the color brown in our September challenge ...... so I get the GOLD STAR for this month
I used the Pennant Parade (#122742) stamp set for my inside banners.  I stamped them on Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi and Daffodil Delight.  I then used the Petite Pennants Builders punch (#122361) in each of the above colors to create the background for my pennants.  I also used some Baker's Twine to tie a little bow onto my string of the hanging pennants.
I added a "celebrate" stamp that was layered with two oval punches and a small piece of bakers twine tucked behind it and popped up with a dimensional.  Totally FUN card to make an seriously could be changed up for different color combination. 

Thanks for joining me today - I'm off to join several of my fellow SaddleBrooke Stamping Buddies for a day of play at our good stamping friend Maureen's house.  Maureen is hosting the Third Annual Bill Baughn Memorial/Card Making for the Troops event.  I will report in tomorrow with more details and the card I will be making for that event.  Hope you can return tomorrow - Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment: