Wednesday, September 14, 2011

CraftJunkieToo Autumn Color

Welcome CraftJunkieToo Friends and all my returning KardsbyKadie blogger friends.  Today our fearless leader Tracy over at http://CraftJunkieToo.blogspot.com has asked her design team to submit a fall project that showcases our favorite thing about the changing seasons.  Let's get this design team challenge started......
Because I have been traveling since the end of August, I didn't have access to my studio to complete this Design Team Challenge - SO......I have not been able to complete my tag project with some yummy fibers - BUT.......I'm sure you will get the idea of what I was going for in my picture posted above.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything that involves fall and the changing of colors and the crisp cool change in temperature.  This tag embodies all those things....and more.  Don't you just LOVE how I captured the colors of the maple leaves and the almost burnt feel of the distressed tag?
The tag I used was one from Tim Holtz manila tag collection.  I used a background script stamp along with a maple leaf stamp for my main images.........I dabbed Tim Holtz distress ink in fall ink colors all over the maple leaf stamp - which created a perfect fall leaf image.  I finished my tag off by distressing the edges to really give it a weathered and distressed look.  I couldn't believe how perfectly my finished tag captured what I had going on in my head when I set out to create this tag.  
The only thing I wasn't able to do was finish my tag off with some amazing and fun fibers - which I will do when I return back to Arizona later this week.  Hopefully I will remember to take a picture of my finished tag and share that picture with you next week.
Thank You for stopping by and checking out my CraftJunkieToo Design Team Challenge Post and you can either return tomorrow or become a subscriber of my blog by signing up in the upper right hand corner of my blog - I would love to forward you each day my daily blog post.
KEEP LIVING YOUR DREAM!

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty tag Kadie. Have a great day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun fall idea!
    craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful tag.... i see cards similar to this in your future.

    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tag Kadie! Awesome job!

    Shelley
    Fellow CJToo DT Member
    http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com
    shelleymace21@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE fall and I love your tag!

    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE fall and I love your tag!

    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete