Wednesday, July 27, 2011

CJToo Design Team Post

Happy Wednesday my New and Returning Blogger Friends!  Sorry for the delay in my post - I really thought our Craft JunkieToo post was to post on Friday the 29th - but appears to be posting today - so ....here goes......

Today our fearless leader Tracey over at CraftJunkieToo (http://www.craftjunkietoo.com/) has asked her Design Team members (that's me.....) to prepare a project with a theme of anything Happy and Bright.  SO.....I decided to take care of Two Happy and create One Bright card.  The 2-Happy would be to welcome a new neighbor to our neighborhood and the other is to meet our Design Team challenge with Tracy.....DONE!  I'm adding the Bright because it's part of the challenge...but also because you can't possibly have a "Welcome to the Neighborhood" without throwing in LOTS of Bright!
Here's the card I prepared for Tracy's Design Team Challenge.  I got my inspiration from Carrie over at Artistic Avenger (http://artisticavenger.wordpress.com/).   I saw Carries creations and thought....I need to make that card - so.......while I was chatting on the phone with my BFF one day...... I re-created Carries card and realized that I had finished my card and was sooooo happy with the way it turned out.
I used my Scallop Circle Punch for the clouds and grass.......and I then used LOTS of dimensionals on my card to pop up the sun and the grass........
The sun was created using a 1" circle punch and lots of Pumpkin Pie ink was added to the edges of the sun and the rays to create a distressed edge look.
The grass was created with snippets of  the SU Scallop Circle Punch in Old Olive.  I used my Old Olive ink to distress of the edges of all the scallops........and I also added dimensionals to the back of grass pieces to give this card lots of dimension.
Here's a close-up look of the grass........You can see how much lift the Stampin' UP! dimensionals give to this project.........LOVE IT!
And speaking of dimension......Check out this sun.....totally lifted right off the page.  The single best thing I love about this card is the curled back corner of the frame.  I sepearated each of the layers of both my Crumb Cake frame and my Chocolate Chip frame and by pulling back the layers it created this fun little curled edge to my center frame.  ADORABLE!
And I leave you today with one last look at this fun card that will be going out to one of our new neighbors this weekend.
 
Also.....Many Thanks to Carrie for all her amazing creations that she comes up with.  I totally understand why Carrie has won the Stampin' UP! Artisia Award.........Handsdown........She is fabulous!

Thank You for visiting my blog today and hope you can return tomorrow for (a repost of) my Flip Flop project (just in case you didn't see that post earlier).  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. Great job Kadie!! I love that you used scallops for the grass and clouds... I've never thought of that!

    Great card too.
    TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete