Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Cherry Pie Reipe

Happy Tuesday my Blogger Friends - I'll be sharing this little project on Thursday - but just have to give you one more sneak peak of this upcoming project that I've made for my granddaughters. As you can see.....this project involves....Flip Flops.....and some yummy fleece.......do you have any idea what I'm going to do with both of these items? Please check back on Thursday - when I'll be sharing this ADORABLE project. But for TODAY.........I want to share my May Ranch Recipe Swap with you. Our challenge in May was to make a dessert recipe. I decided that I wanted to share my Cherry Pie recipe and I just so happen to have a fun idea for a pie .... and came up with this FUN Cherry Pie recipe.... I just love how this recipe swap turned out. Seriously.....It was a LOT of work - but SO WORTH the time it took to create. I cut my "Cherry Pie" words out with my Cricut......glued them to a 1" red squre and lined each of the words to the side of the actual recipe. Here's the pie pan and crust that I designed......I free hand both and inked up the edges to give it lots of shadowing.....added a cherry on top - a glossy heart to the center of the pie pan and even added some teardrop images to the top of the crust.....too stinkin cute! I added lots of layers and dimension to this recipe swap and think the design turned out great. The cherries I made using my 5/8" circle punch and adding crystal effects to each of the cherries to give them a high gloss look. I even popped them up with dimensionals to give them a real rasied look. I love how this recipe layout turned out and have to say that it's one of my favorite layouts to date. I'll be taking a little break tomorrow from my recipe swaps and sharing with you a project I designed for Craft Junkie Too http://CraftJunkieToo.blogspot.com. I'm on the design team for Tracy and she requested that her team make a summer project for our June post. That is going to be my share tomorrow (both on my blog and CraftJunkieToo's blog http://CraftJunkieToo.blogspot.com). Hope you can join me tomorrow for that post. Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment