Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mini Milk Carton Template

Hi Blogger Friends.....It's Thursday and Guess What......I DID IT! (insert Kadie doing the HAPPY DANCE here!) I made lifetime goat at Weight Watchers yesterday. I've reach my goal weight (in 19-weeks) of 35 pounds.......and now I only need to weigh in once a month. I'm so proud of what I set out to do.....and with the support of many friends (special Thanks to Kris, Debbie and Ann for giving me BIG HUGS after my meeting yesterday) - I've done it. My new goal is to keep the weight off this time - and plan to weigh in at least once a month and attend regular meetings. It's all good. Now on to my post for today. As I promised yesterday......Here is the template for my mini milk carton holder. The dimensions are pictured below.... The measurements for the handle are a piece of cardstock that measures 1-3/4" x 11" and then you score at 1-3/4", 5-1/2" and 9-1/4". (The 5-1/2" score line will be your center fold ) Where I have penciled in the small oval image........You are going to use your small oval punch to go through all thicknesses of your cardstock to create the hole for your handle.
Next up your going to create your base - Using a piece of 4-1/4" x 6" cardstock you will score at 1-1/4" on all four sides. Cut on the solid lines to create the corners for your holder and secure with red line tape (*you really want to secure your holder with red line tape so things stay glued together).
Here's a close up of the milk carton base measurements.
Hope this template helps you create some of these adorable mini milk carton holders. They will hold PLENTY of M&M's......Hersey Kisses.......Jelly Beans and even money. The sky is the limit on what you put into these little milk cartons. Have fun and link me to your creations if you spin off and create some of these.
I'll be back tomorrow with more Kards by Kadie Creations. Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment