Sunday, May 22, 2011

FU Group Projects

Happy Sunday my blogger friends and so glad that you stopped by to visit. As my title tells you...It's time for another FU (NO NOT FU......Remember......That stands for Fabulously Untouchable....or is that Fabulously Unmistakeable....or.....whatever...You serioulsy know what it stands for).........FU gathering time! Last Wednesday my FU Ladies met and we worked on our shoebox projects/cards and here is what we made...... First up is a DARLING little project that my friend Kris Holmes had us make. SERIOUSLY...the pictures DO NOT present this project as nicely as it is in person. Kris had us take a 4"x6" clear picture frame and create this DARLING DARLING post it note holder for our desk. We distressed some fabulous old world paper for the insert where your picture would go and then we used a monogram stamp set system for our decorated monogram scallop......(OKAY Kris - I know your reading this - Can you please leave a comment below on the name of this system so others can check out this amazing stamp set system that we used?) Check out the monogram scallop that I made.........
Typically you would set your monogram up with 3-initials....but....since I don't have a middle name - Kris came up with the idea of using the smallest letter to this system and having my entire name spelled out.......FABULOUS! Have to tell you....This little baby is sitting front and center on my studio desk....NO MORE DIGGING TO FIND A POST IT NOTE!
Next up is Ann LaPerre's card project. This card has a extra special wow factor when you open it up (and again......doesn't show up on this post - but trust me.....It's a WOW!). Not only did Ann create this fabulous tag folded card.....but.......
But Ann also had stripes of Red Line Tape run down three of the four panels......and when we removed the backing on the Red Line Tape.....We sprinkled GLITTER onto the tape and we had instant purple glitter stripes running down our tag inserts......FABULOUS!
And here's my attempt to doing some watercoloring! As you know.....watercoloring is one of those things that people study for YEARS to learn........and let's just say.......I have LOTS of years to still practice this art before I master it! LOVE YOUR PROJECT Ann!
And lastely ........ But of course NOT LEAST....... is Debbie Hills card project. I call Debbie my wind-up toy friend......You seriously wind her up and set her down.......and BAAAAMMMMM..........OFF SHE GOES! The most difficult part of being friends with Debbie.....is keeping up with her (LOVE YOU GIRLFRIEND).
Debbie's card has SO MANY FABULOUS elements...I seriously don't even know where to begin. Debbie had a Judith bucket stamp that she had us stamp and embossed in a yummy yummy copper embossing powder. We then decorated the front of our card with DSP to create a FRAMED center.
But....the most difficult part of this card was deciding which flowers to pick to decorate our basket. Debbie had LOTS and LOTS of BEAUTIFUL flowers on the center of her table and we got to decide how and what we wanted to go into our basket. What FUN!
And.....we even got to decorate the inside of our card with yet another Stamp by Judith. We embossed a yummy chocolate chip scallop with white embossing powder and not only did our message turn out FABULOUS.....but it added that special little something something surprise when you opened the card. Thank you Debbie for this FABULOUS......FABULOUS Card!
WELL, tomorrow is the CraftJunkieToo Birthday Blog Hop. I'll be connecting you to TEN different BLOGS and I'm sure that you will be inspired.......and delighted with what all my fellow DJT Design Team Members have created to celebrate Tracy's birthday at CraftJunkieToo. Hope you can stop back and take a little BLOG HOP with me. Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment