Monday, May 30, 2011

Crafternooners Card Swap

Morning Blogger Friends and HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! Hope your plans for today include some amazing quality time with your family and some good old fashion PLAY TIME for yourself. Enjoy this fabulous day! Today, I'll be sharing the cards that my Crafternooner Team made for our May Shoe Box Swap. Besides geting together on the 4th Friday of the month.....Our group makes and mails a shoebox card to each member. There is a different color theme each moth and we also add an optional cardmaking technique to the months challenge. Here are the cards that my friends made using the Red & Kraft color theme and the optioanl technique was to use ribbon or fibers on our card. First up is my friend Opals card.....LOVE LOVE LOVE anything to do with cupcakes - so I'm saying that Opal hit this one out of the park. Berta made this elegant thank you card! You actually have to see this card to appreciate it. She embossed the front white cardstock and really created an elegant look to her card. Next up is my BFF's card......I love everything about this card (enough to even make up a box of these for my neighbor who was celebrating her birthday). Jan stamped her chilli pepper on textured glossy paper and it left the lined image on her pepper - TOO STINKIN CUTE JAN! She also added some AMAZING fibers to the side of the card that really put this one over the top! And last up is my swap card - I used the swiss dot textured plate to create a fun and sassy background to my Kraft cardstock......I also used some new seam binding ribbon from SU along with their birthday cake stamp set. I grabbed my SU markers and colored each of the birthday cakes in and called it a day.......WAIT.....I also added a darling little cupcake tag to the bow of the seam binding.....AND THEN CALLED IT A DAY. Loved all the swap cards for May.....thank you ladies for exchanging these cards with me......You are three talented ladies and I'm thrilled to be part of this group. I'll be posting some new cards that I've received over the next couple of days - hope you can come back and check out what I have to share with you. Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment: