Saturday, March 26, 2011

SBS Card

Happy Saturday my blogger friends. Hope you have some fabulous plans for today. I'll be joining many of my SBS (SaddleBrooke Stamper Friends) today and taking a paper piecing class that my BFF is teaching.....can't wait! I'll post those pictures tomorrow for you. But today I want to share a cute little card I made for our SBS April meeting. Let's GO......(if your a SBS you might want to SHUT IT DOWN right now - otherwise....you won't be surprised when I present this at our April meeting.......) We were given this cute little wicker basket (it had a handle but I knew I wanted to add the SU chocolate bunny to mine - so I removed it) by Ann, our Challenge Card Coordinator....and we were challenged to make a card and use this stamped image....so...here's what I created.
My chocolate bunny was stamped in VersaMark and then clear embossing powder was added to make him super shiny......almost good enough to eat!
As you can see.....I used the new SU Tulip embossing folder along with a non-traditional Easter message (think this will be going to a Nursing Home Friend before Easter).
And here is the basket that was stamped for us and we were to use in our challenge card. I added some SU ribbon and ran some Old Olive cardstock through my crimper and created some fun grass for my basket.
And a quick shot of the eggs I created. I pressed VersaMark onto the cardstock and sprinkled clear embossing powder over the cardstock and then heat set it.....this created a shiny paper that I then cut out oval shapes to make Easter Eggs from. LOVE how that turned out!
And one last view of my completed card.......I just know my friend will enjoy receiving this card and I just might make a couple more of these to send to my grandkids for Easter. I'm sure I can find a cute "Happy Easter" stamp to add to their cards.
Tomorrow, I'm hoping to post the 3-cards that my BFF is teaching today at our Fun Shop. Hope you can return tomorrow to see those. Until Sunday.......Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. Sure glad you shared your April Challenge card here since I'll miss the meeting!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete