Sunday, August 22, 2010

CraftNooners Card May

Today I have a post that I totally forgot to post (at the end of May)......Here's a sneak peak at one of the cards my CraftNooner (and BFF) Buddy Jan made for our last gathering in May..... Jan designed this really BRIGHT and FUN card using this amazing Chicky-La-La as our focal point. (I know Jan, I can hear you saying right now "Who" makes this stamp set - AND - the actually "Name" of this stamp set is.....YOU ROCK GIRLFRIEND!) Jan also brought over her Copic Markers and allowed us the opportunity to try our hand at Copic Coloring (I think I failed at this part of the challenge).
Jan also let me stamp an additional Chicky La-La Lady (I kind of like that name for this stamp set..........) so I could color her later and make another card using her cute cute image.
Next my buddy Opal had us try our hand at water coloring.......Using Gelly Roll Pens. WOW, the colors just slide on the paper and blended so nicely. THANKS Opal for turning me on to this amazing method of water coloring.
And last (but certainly not least) my CraftNooner Friend Berta had us make this very LOVELY card with an unexpected edge to the card. The DSP she had us use all coordinated and matched so nicely........and the REAL FUN was layering the flowers (using the same DSP) to create a great layered look to our finished card. This was a card I was for sure going to C.A.S.E. again soon.
My CraftNooner Stamping Buddies went on hold from June 1st till the end of the year. Two of the members were returning to their second homes and we decided to do card challenges from a distance. We each picked two month and each of those months we selected not only a color theme but also a design challenge. We are to make three cards and mail those cards to each of the CraftNooner members (Jan, Opal, Berta and Kadie). The challenge would be to use the colors for that month and incorporate the technique for that month into the design of our cards. I will be sharing those cards with you very soon. I will tell you - Not only have I been having a BLAST meeting the challenges BUT......I am also OVERWHELMED with the envelopes I've been receiving in my mailbox from the ladies. MISS YOU LADIES and can't wait till we are back together and resuming our every other Friday CraftNooners gatherings.
Hope you had a great weekend and you can swing back tomorrow - I'll be sharing lots of new posts next week of cards I've been working on in August. Thanks for stopping by and Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment