Monday, July 19, 2010

Kris Holmes Brayer Class

One of the benefits of belonging to the SaddleBrooke Stampers Group is the Fabulous "Fun Shops" that Kris Holmes organizes EVERY month. Kris puts a HUGE amount of energy into putting these FUN SHOPS together for the SaddleBrooke Stampers and today I would like to personally THANK her for all the work she puts into keeping these going (you really do an amazing job Kris-THANK YOU!). Last month, Kris and Sandy offered a Fun Shop in brayering and since I have very little experience using my Brayer (I know, I know.......I just had to have the Brayer....and it's one of those things that when my husband says to me.....Did you buy that product so some other women couldn't buy it.......well.......it probably was the truth in my purchase of the brayer)......... Here I created a fabulous Sunset Brayer image and after it was created I realized, I had created the perfect sympathy card. I added the "with heartfelt sympathy" and I had a sympathy card done and hopefully NEVER have to be used (but then again......living in SaddleBrooke does require one to be prepared.......)
Here is my sympathy card all finished. I even had enough to make an extra sympathy card and again.......hoping to NOT have to use it for some time.
The second brayer card I created was using a technique Kris and Sandy taught us to make waves or sand........I made this card especially for my little grandson Bodie - who lives in the San Diego area and LOVES to go down to the beach and surf with his dad Gabe.
Kris let me borrow her SU surfer stamp - and I actually got it positioned to look like the Surfer Dude was riding one of the waves......
And here's a close up of my Surfer Dude.
This was one of those classes that once I got home - I had to keep trying to create and with enough experience - I too have become somewhat knowledgeable in brayering. It was a fun class and really thank Kris and Sandy for all their help and all the samples they made for us to have as guides along the way.
Please stop back tomorrow and I'll have some more cards I created - Until Tuesday....Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment