Sunday, June 13, 2010

Meet Shelli Gardner

I still can't believe it really happened......I've pinched myself MANY TIMES.....but....On Saturday, May 8th.........I got the opportunity to meet and sit down and chat with Shelli Gardner (Stampin' Up! CEO and Co-Founder). I received the invitation from Mary Fish (http://stampinpretty.com) to attend her "Workshop of a Lifetime" gathering - which included meeting Shelli Gardner on Saturday, May 8th. As part of a recruiting challenge last January, Mary Fish earned the opportunity for Shelli to travel to Tucson and personally do a workshop for a group of Mary's customers.....IN MARY'S HOME. I was among members of the Southwest Stamper Group that went to Mary's home and were allowed the opportunity to have some one on one time with Shelli..........(OH MY GOSH.......I still can't believe I sat directly across from Shelli Gardner..........I was able to take some pictures of her...........and I even got the opportunity to ask her some questions - which she answered..............)
One of the first questions I asked Shelli was.......What's your favorite Stampin' Up! color.......Uhm....that would be......the new Cherry Cobble color. Shelli also talked openly about the early years when she started Stampin' Up! She spoke of her struggles and mostly of the Joy she now has "Living her Dream".
Shelli really does have a warm, sincere and delightful sense of humor......and it's totally "THE TRUTH" when people say she's a "REAL" and "CARING" individual. I totally have to tell you - What you see............is what you get. Shelli really is one sweet lady.
Of course......I just couldn't let the afternoon pass without having my picture taken with Shelli............and I even brought my demonstrators copy of the 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalog and asked if she would sign the inside of it for me (like I'm sure she had NEVER been asked to do that).
All in all.............it was a delightful afternoon and an experience that I will treasure forever. Many thanks go out to Mary Fish for inviting me and for including me in on her "Workshop of a Lifetime" event........It was a real THRILL.
Until tomorrow ....... Keep Living Your Dream.

4 comments:

  1. Kadie - thanks for your comment which led me here and I got to see these fabulous pictures! You lucky girl! I had planned to be there but it fell on the same day as my mother's 85th birthday so I had to cancel. It would have been great to meet everyone in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kadie
    I'm following my virtual friend Linda here :) Thanks for your comments, so nice to acknowledge the winner! Hopefully it can be you next time!!!
    I had the opportunity to meet Shelli in NJ and just like you said, you get what you see! She really is SO sweet!! Thanks for hoppin in Kadie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kadie
    this is wonderful. What a great day for you. The pics tell it all.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing oppurtunity!!! Sounds awesome! XOXO Momo

    ReplyDelete