Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Craftnooners Mosiac

Happy Tuesday to you and THANKS for stopping by! Today I want to share a mosiac creation I made at my Craftnooners gathering in May. Twice a month, three other SaddleBrooke lady friends and I gather together and bring a Card in a Box project to work on. We Laugh......Share Ideas and YES.....EAT CHOCOLATE! Well.....On this particular Friday, we gathered at my friend Berta's house and she showed us how to do a Mosiac card - using several of our own photo's. So.....Here is what I created........ We were instructed by my good friend Berta to bring 7-8 pictures to our gathering and we were going to cut them apart and make a Mosiac Card. (Insert FROZEN FACE here.......How was I ever going to cut up 7 photo's of my ADORABLE grandkids? And secondly, how was I going to narrow it down to just 7-photo's?).......Okay.....Unfreeze my face and let's move on to my project........ We took our 7-photo's and cut tiny sections of each of the photo's up and arranged those tiny sections on to a sticky paper which in turn was stuck down to my card front. Before I adhered the final project down onto my card front, I dipped my FABULOUS creation into black embossing powder and that is what gave me the BLACK FRAME look to my project. ADORABLE - and SO SUPER EASY TO DO. I love how I was able to "Spot-Light" each of my grandchildren and two of the most important men in my life (okay......there are more....but I didn'it have pictures of them to put on this creation). I did however have pictures of my Wisconsin grandkids and my favorite son-in-law Kris and my ADORABLE Jack to post on this project. Don't you also just love how I took ordinary things and spot-lighted those on my project (Steven's hand holding a sucker........Brooke's hands folded up on the table.....Steven holding a flashlight and Jack's hand showing off his watch). And of course, if I was going to post my favorite Son-in-Law Kris, I had to post his favorite thing ...... "The Packers". All in All.....I LOVE how this project turned out. I have it proudly displayed in my studio and is one of the first things I look at each time I come into my room. Thanks for stopping by today and please return tomorrow - and I'll share yet another Kard by Kadie creation. Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. Kadie... it was certainly worth taking your pics along and cutting them up. What a fabulous project. It's something that will bring you wonderful memories for a long time to come.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete