Monday, February 01, 2010

WHAT DO YOU GET?

What do you get when you mix these three colors of paint together? TAAAAA-DAAAAAA...........You get this........
AND this...............
Okay - enough goofing around.......Here's what I've been working on for our guest bathroom.
I bought two pieces of 16 x 20 canvas and hand sketched these Kokopelli onto the canvas and then painted them using acrlyic paints. I still have to paint the background on the canvas - and then I'm going to have them framed.
My "Best Friend" Jan told me of this amazing product (Frisket) that I paint over the Kokopelli and let it completely dry. Then I can paint the background whatever color I want and the color that I use will resist the Kokopelli because it is covered with this Frisket product. Then when everything is dry - the Frisket just peels off the Kokopelli and all that's left is for me to sign the bottom of my painting. WOW.....And I'll be able to say that I painted these two pieces myself.
I'm going to hang these in our guest bathroom (aka-Jack's bathroom) - which is bright and is in an area that I walk by every day. So.....I'll be able to walk by and smile at them knowing I made them all by myself. I'm like a PROUD Mom.
Thanks for stopping by and tomorrow will start Day 1 of the Seven Day of Secret Sister Swap. I will begin sharing with you the seven creations that I made for my Secret Sister Erica in Maryland.........Until Tuesday......Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment