Tuesday, February 16, 2010

New Punch Cabinet

Many of you have asked about the final construction of the additional punch cabinet rack I had built for my studio....so...here is what Hector created for me.......

My BFF from Madison Nancy hooked me up with a fabulous company in Tucson called Off The Wall. They took the plans I had swirling around in my head and turned our third bedroom into a FABULOUS Studio for me. One of the features I wanted was a cabinet that I could store my punches in.

The original punch cabinet turned out BEAUTIFUL and was going to hold a small portion of my punches (let's just say.........I never knew how many punches I actually had - until I started stacking them) . It was clear that the orginal punch cabinet WASN'T NEARLY GOING TO BE ENOUGH ROOM for all my punches......SO.....I hired Hector to build me an additional unit within the cabinet above my workstation. This also meant that the new home for my punches was going to be within arms reach away from where my workstation is and this means when I'm creating - I no longer need to get up and look for a punch, I simply reach in the cabinet above me and pull down a punch......AWESOME!

Here is a close-up of what Hector built:

As you can see - (insert shameful face here).........I do have a LOT of punches! Hector built this unit so all my punches will stand upright and they won't be knocking over each time I reach to the back to pull out a punch.
And this is what the cabinet looks like after Hector installed his masterpiece. I am thrilled (beyond words) with the end results. And just for the record.....I still have the original punch cabinet in my studio. I decided to house my seasonal and OVERSIZED punches in that cabinet.
Thanks for stopping by and tomorrow I will share with you some of the cards I've been working on. So.........until tomorrow..........Keep Living Your Dream.